Anne is a trial attorney, and one of the nation's most recognized legal
analysts. Her practice emphasizes civil rights, catastrophic loss litigation and criminal law. In her nearly 35 years of practice, she has been lead counsel for many highly-publicized court cases. She was a Prosecuting Attorney for the Criminal Division of the King County Prosecutor's Office in Seattle from 1983 to 1988. Anne specialized in prosecuting sex crimes, where she successfully tried over 200 cases. She is a regular contributing legal analyst on TV and cable, having appeared many times on major networks. Anne has also given hundreds of speeches in the U.S. and internationally.
- Stanford, B.A. with Honors, 1980
- Seattle University Law School, 1982
- National College of District Attorneys, Texas, 1985
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, Wyoming, 2001
- Faculty of National Institute for Trial Advocacy, Notre Dame, Current
TV Legal Analyst
- Bloomberg TV
- GMTV Europe
- And others
Among her successful high-profile trial work, are cases representing:
- Counsel and spokesperson for The Friends of Amanda Knox
- Family of Susan Cox Powell
- Family of Rebecca Zahau
- Illusionist David Copperfield
- Lease Crutcher Lewis Construction
- The Olympic Pipeline Co.
- Fidelity National Financial
- Washington State Attorney General – and former Governor – Chris Gregoire and the Attorney General’s office
- The Des Moines Police Department - “Mary Kay Letourneau case”
- The City of Seattle in a national ACLU test case - “WTO based litigation”
- Gaby Rodriguez (“The Pregnancy Project”)
- Numerous police departments, including the Seattle, Portland, Bellevue, Tacoma, Federal Way and Chicago police departments, and numerous King County Sheriff deputies
- The state patrol
- The border patrol
- Over thirty judges
Anne graduated from Stanford University receiving a B.A. with honors in 1980. She received her law degree from Seattle University Law School in 1982.
As an attorney she has a perfect 10 AVVO rating and has been AVVO rated for 27 years. While a Prosecuting Attorney for the Criminal Division of the King County Prosecutor's Office in Seattle from 1983 to 1988, Anne specialized in prosecuting sex crimes, where she successfully tried over 200 cases.
She has distinguished herself not only as a dedicated advocate for her clients, but also as an attorney who has achieved a level of peer recognition. Over the years, she has been honored with numerous distinctions, which few lawyers and even fewer women can claim. Anne was profiled in Law and Politics under "Headliners and Legends", profiled in the Bar Bulletin, and was named a Superlawyer in the Corporate Counsel editions.
She was counsel and spokesperson for The Friends of Amanda Knox, has represented the family of Susan Cox Powell, the illusionist David Copperfield, Howard S. Wright Construction, Lease Crutcher Lewis, the Olympic Pipeline Co., Fidelity National Financial, innumerable police departments, the state patrol, the border patrol and over thirty judges.
She has been voted one of the best lawyers in Seattle magazine and in Seattle Metropolitan magazine numerous times. Seattle magazine also voted her one of Seattle's Top 25 smost influential people. Washington Law & Politics listed Anne as one of the 25 Smartest People in Washington State in 2003.
Off-duty, Anne is a Northwest resident who lives in Seattle. Dividing her time between her charities, trial work, and legal analysis, she stays extremely busy.
Anne Bremner, PC was established in 2012 allowing Anne to focus on her litigation, criminal law and legal analyst work. She also serves as Special Counsel to Frey Buck, a Seattle law firm.
Click to review Anne's Distinctions, Honors and Awards.
Click to download Anne's Bio/CV.
A&E • ABC Good Morning America • BBC World • Bloomberg TV • CBS Early Show • CNN • Court TV • E! News Channel • Fox News • GMTV Europe • MSNBC • NBC • NW Cable News
Areas of Practice
- Police & Government Liability
- Personal Injury
- Major Accident Litigation
- Real Estate, Escrow & Title Litigation
- Sex Abuse Litigation